Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Baptism/ Faith Milestone Idea


At Symposium my husband Bob and I presented at a session about Faith Milestones. We have recently written the book Celebrating the Milestones of Faith published by Faith Alive.

The people who came to our session were great. One participant said that when her daughter was baptized, she had received a large picture frame with a mat and an opening for a 5 x 7 picture (I have one in my basement that we bought at Bed Bath and Beyond for my daughter’s wedding. It is called a signature frame.) The vow that the congregation makes during the service was written on the mat. Every person at the baptism signed the mat as they left the service. The frame and mat were given to her and her husband who later added a picture of the child from that day. What a wonderful reminder of the promise made at baptism and the promises made by the people of God who surrounded her.

No comments: